Lecture series: Stellar Mass Loss
This lecture series by Klaus-Peter Schroeder was held in Hamburg, July 21-24 2009.
The lectures were broadcast with the video conferencing system available in Hamburg and Göttingen.
MaterialsThe following presenatation material is available:
- Lecture 1 Power Point presentation
- Lecture 2 Power Point presentation
- Lecture 3 Power Point presentation
- Lecture 4 Power Point presentation
- Lecture 5 Power Point presentation
Note: The material is accessible only from locations in Hamburg or Göttingen.
|10:00-12.00||Stellar evolution and the different types of stellar winds (overview)|
|10:00-12.00||Chromospheres of giant stars: Structure and energy reservoir|
|14.00-16.00||Properties of cool winds ("Reimers-type")|
|10.00-12.00||"Dust-driven" and Superwinds|
|14.00-16.00||The formation of a Planetary Nebulae and unsolved questions|