Research: M-Dwarf Line Formation
Since it is possible to use the narrow and well isolated FeH-Molecule lines in cool stars to determine, for example radial velocities or magnetic field strength and so on, it is necessary to compute these lines from numerical simulations. In my work I will use the line formation program Linfor3D, which is able to compute a spectral line from a three dimensional atmosphere model. This model is computed with the hydrodynamical atmosphere code CO5BOLD. One of the preliminary aims is to investigate, whether it is necessary to use three dimensional models for the line formation or if one dimensional is correct enough. For this purpose I will investigate micro- and macroturbulences in different models with increasing temperature from 2500K to 4000K.
- Shulyak, D., Reiners, A., Wende, S., Kochukhov, O., Piskunov, N., Seifahrt, A. (2010) Magnetic fields in M-dwarfs: quantitative results from detailed spectral synthesis in FeH lines», arXiv, p. arXiv:1012.1435
- Wende, S., Reiners, A., Seifahrt, A., Shulyak, D., Kochukhov, O. (2010) Investigation of magnetically sensitive FeH lines», arXiv, p. arXiv:1011.6190
- Wende, S., Reiners, A., Seifahrt, A., Bernath, P. F. (2010) CRIRES spectroscopy and empirical line-by-line identification of FeH molecular absorption in an M dwarf», A&A, Vol. 523, p. A58
- Shulyak, D., Reiners, A., Wende, S., Kochukhov, O., Piskunov, N., Seifahrt, A. (2010) Modelling the molecular Zeeman-effect in M-dwarfs: methods and first results», A&A, Vol. 523, p. A37
- Hargreaves, R. J., Hinkle, K. H., Bauschlicher, C. W., Wende, S., Seifahrt, A., Bernath, P. F. (2010) High-resolution 1.6 μm Spectra of FeH in M and L Dwarfs», AJ, Vol. 140, p. 919
- Wende, S., Reiners, A., Ludwig, H.-G. (2009) 3D simulations of M star atmosphere velocities and their influence on molecular FeH lines», A&A, Vol. 508, p. 1429