This lecture series by Nikolai Piskunov was held in Hamburg in April 24.-26. 2013.
The lectures took place in the library of the Hamburg Observatory.
- Echelle spectroscopy observations and calibrations followed by checking IDL/REDUCE installation
- Echelle spectroscopy reduction algorithms followed by an exercise in a complete UVES data reduction
- Introduction to stellar atmospheres and radiative followed by a little quiz on spectroscopy
- Introduction to stellar spectroscopic analysis. Checking SME installations.
- Demonstration of SME and explanation of tasks for students for the afternoon
- Self-study of SME using given tasks.
MaterialsThe following presenatation material is available:
Note: The material is accessible only from locations in Hamburg or Göttingen.