Next: Moving the telescope "manually"
Up: Telescope section
Previous: The telescope operating display
In the control panel (Fig. 2)
telescope, dome and camera operations are
controlled. Additionally, telescope and dome can be moved "manually",
and the telescope focus can be adjusted.
The switches have the following purposes
- operation on switches on and off the main controls
- hydraulics on controls the oil pumps. Need about 30 sec to start
- slit open ( close) opens (closes) the dome slit. On
closing the dome rotates automatically in its parking position
- cover open ( close) opens (closes) the main mirror
cover. Either operation requires 60 sec.
- camera systems on. Off cuts the
power supply to the PC controlling the cameras. The default status
is On also during telescope shut-down periods.
- main camera cooling and guide camera
cooling. The cameras need about 20 min. to reach the operating
temperature. Operating temperatures are C for the main
and C for the guiding camera