Research: Extrasolar Planets and the CoRoT satellite.
In my main project I'm interesting about CoRot satellite data - extrasolar planets and flares in their host stars. Because the CoRoT's data had some problems, I am also interesting and working to another projects.
(1) CoRot data - Extrasolar planets and flares (main project)
(2) Extragalactic planet survey in UMi Dwarf galaxy
(3) Creation of Orion pipeline for data reduction and extrasolar detection
The CoRoT satellite has already send us presice photometric data and the CoRoT team has found already two extrasolar planets in these data. We know that the planets of our solar system have a magnetic field and also some extrasolar planets maybe have. All these extrasolar planets are 'Hot Jupiters' and that means they are too close to the parent star. So there is a possibility, the magnetic field of planets to react with the magnetic field of the parent star and create flares. The only problem is that CoRoT's data have some problems until now[Figure 1]. Also interesting is the second planet of CoRoT (CoRoT-Exo-2b). You can see clear the star small variations of the flux, and how presice data CoRoT gives. The main idea is to examine stars with extrasolar planets and then try to find variations in these stars. But still we don't have any data to work.
- Mislis, D., Schmitt, J. H. M. M., Carone, L., Guenther, E. W., Pätzold, M. (2010) An algorithm for correcting CoRoT raw light curves», A&A, Vol. 522, p. A86
- Hidas, M. G., Tsapras, Y., Mislis, D., Ramaprakash, A. N., Barros, S. C. C., Street, R. A., Schmitt, J. H. M. M., Steele, I., Pollacco, D., Ayiomamitis, A., Antoniadis, J., Nitsos, A., Seiradakis, J. H., Urakawa, S. (2010) An ingress and a complete transit of HD80606 b», MNRAS, Vol. 406, p. 1146
- Mislis, D., Schröter, S., Schmitt, J. H. M. M., Cordes, O., Reif, K. (2010) Multi-band transit observations of the TrES-2b exoplanet», A&A, Vol. 510, p. A107
- Heller, R., Mislis, D., Antoniadis, J. (2009) Transit detections of extrasolar planets around main-sequence stars. I. Sky maps for hot Jupiters», A&A, Vol. 508, p. 1509
- Mislis, D., Schmitt, J. H. M. M. (2009) Detection of orbital parameter changes in the TrES-2 exoplanet?», A&A, Vol. 500, p. L45