|........ and a little
Jan with his Great Aunt......
taken with my Digital Camera on Hamburg's Great
XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre
European Space Agency (ESA / ESAC)
Dep. code SRE-OAX
Aptdo. Correos - P.O. Box 78
28691 Villanueva de la Cañada, MADRID
e-mail : email@example.com
- Current Position since December 2008.
Member of community support team with the XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre.
- Individual tasks:
- Tasks shared within team:
- Enhancement of approved XMM-Newton proposals
- Scheduling of XMM-Newton observations
- On-call scientist and Helpdesk support
- 2008: Awarded of a
Ramon y Cajal Fellowship for research in Physics and Astronomy. Out of over 200 applications, I have ranked 9th, but have chosen the current ESA position.
- January 2006 - November 2008, Chandra Fellowship
at Arizona State University with Prof. Sumner Starrfield.
- Post-doc position at the University of Oxford (8/2004-12/2005), worked with
Prof. Dame Carole Jordan
on X-ray and UV spectroscopy of Stellar Coronae.
- PhD degree on High-Resolution X-ray Spectroscopy of
Stellar Coronae at Hamburger
Sternwarte, the observatory of the University of Hamburg, Germany.
Supervised by Prof.
Jürgen H.M.M. Schmitt.
An attempt to describe my projects in simple terms; unfortunately not
all complete (lack of time...)
All publications (external link: ADS)
Complete Publication list as
Movies of cactus flowers
Pictures of Comets
My musical organ
Mars with my digital camera in comparison with Hubble Image
...and my Camaro in Arizona:
(click on image to enlarge)
Last modified:Wednesday, 01-Jul-2015 10:13:12 CEST by